You are familiar with the concept of outdoor kitchen cabinets. There is a good chance that you already have them in your house. In point of fact, however, there are a lot of myths and misunderstandings about them while they are on a grill island.
We have a tendency to refer to as a cabinet pretty much any piece of furniture that has a space for storing items. Therefore, in order to ensure that everyone has the same understanding of the situation, let’s define the outdoor kitchen cabinet ideas.
A kitchen cabinet is a building that is designed with the express purpose of providing storage. Regarding a kitchen that is located outside. A cabinet is a structure that may support a countertop, contain your grill, and be constructed around the equipment in your kitchen. And it also serves as a storage space.
What are Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets Made Out Of?
Your new outdoor project requires careful preparation, one of the most important aspects of which is doing research on the materials. Keep in mind that they will be exposed to the weather on a daily basis throughout the whole year, regardless of whether or not it is raining. You need to be sure that the outdoor kitchen cabinets you choose are resistant to the elements! Check this article out for outdoor kitchen cabinet ideas.
If you want the area you dedicate to your outdoor kitchen to stay. The construction of the outdoor kitchen using materials suitable for their use is the first step in preventive maintenance. You will be able to build the very finest cabinets for your outdoor kitchen with this information!
There are really quite a few alternatives. As a result, we have compiled a list of some of the options, ranking them from best to worst.
1. HDPE (HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE)
This durable, lightweight, and flexible synthetic resin known as high-density polyethylene may be found in a wide variety of products, including. From boat decks to outdoor furniture and everything in between! A great option for outdoor bbq kitchen cabinets the UK. The best waterproof outdoor kitchen cabinets.
- Two areas in which HDPE shines are durability and ease of maintenance.
- Because of its well-known strength-to-density ratio, it is an excellent material for use in the construction of outdoor kitchens.
- In addition to this, HDPE is impervious to the majority of chemicals and solvents, which means that it will not take on any of the oils or greases that you use in your cooking.
- Perhaps even the finest of all. It requires very little effort to keep up with. Due to the fact that they are outdoor kitchen cabinets that are weatherproof… You may easily clean it by using a power washer or a garden hose. It’s as easy as that.
- There are, nevertheless, a few drawbacks to this situation.
- To begin with, the material is more vulnerable to intense heat and necessitates the use of an insulated jacket for the grill.
- The second potential drawback is that the color may become less vibrant over time as a result of exposure to sunlight. Despite this, some are manufactured with UV inhibitors to protect against the effects of sunlight.
2. POWDER-COATED STAINLESS STEEL
One of the waterproof outdoor kitchen cabinets. Powder-coated stainless steel is yet another excellent choice in this category for outdoor kitchen cabinets. These are stainless steel cabinets that have an additional layer of protection in the form of a dry powder that has been bonded to the surface. Amazing for outdoor bbq kitchen cabinets UK.
Outdoor kitchen cabinets made of powder-coated stainless steel are available in a wide variety of hues, ranging from wood tones to metallic. And even in hues that grab your attention, like blue and green.
- Stainless steel of the highest grade is an excellent material for use in outdoor applications. It is not going to corrode or succumb to corrosion.
- In addition to that… An application of powder coating will offer an additional layer of protection.
- Because it is made of metal, it cannot catch fire and so does not need to be encased in insulation.
- The coating shields the stainless steel from the damaging effects of the environment. In addition to that, it makes these contemporary outdoor kitchen cabinets simpler to clean.
- The protective powder coat is the primary source of the many benefits… But this is also true of the disadvantages.
- Despite the fact that the coating is tough to scratch… In the event that the coating does chip, it is possible that it will peel.
- In certain cases, we have seen powder coated cabinets that have been tampered with… They peeled off like an egg shell, one piece at a time.
- In addition to that, it is not a simple matter to fix… In addition, if it is composed of stainless steel that is not as robust as other types, the area where it has peeled away might afterwards rust.
- Finally, despite the fact that it is a material that can withstand wear and tear, products created from it are often relatively thin. Because of this, it may be more prone to denting.
3. ALUMINUM WITH A POWDER COATING
Aluminum that has been coated with powder is the third choice we provide. Cabinets made of powder-coated aluminum are offered by a variety of well-known companies, including Challenger. Moreover, they are a more lightweight substitute for stainless steel. One of the best outdoor bbq kitchen cabinets.
- To our relief, the powder coating performs exactly the same manner on stainless steel as it does on other metals! By providing a covering that is both long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing, it guards the surface against corrosion.
- This material is simple to maintain and clean when it becomes dirty.
- The disadvantages associated with using this material are the same as those associated with using powder-coated stainless steel.
- Should your coating flake? It is really challenging to make any repairs to it. Your coating is going to chip, and the metal that your outdoor kitchen cabinets are made of is probably going to rust below.
4. POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL
Stainless steel is the fourth possible material to use for outdoor kitchen cabinets. When compared to the powder-coated versions, these metal outdoor kitchen cabinets will have a sheen and smoothness that is noticeably superior. Another best among the outdoor bbq kitchen cabinets.
- When it comes to the benefits.
- Stainless steel that has been polished gives off an upscale appearance that is complementary to built-in grills and other outdoor equipment.
- You should go for stainless steel type 304 if you can. This grade is long-lasting and can withstand the effects of exposure to the outdoors.
Sadly, this material is more suited for your kitchen appliances than it is for the cupboards in your home… It becomes heated and reflects in the sunshine. Additionally, it will need cleaning, polishing, and maintenance on a more consistent basis than the three options that came before it. If you are able to see beyond these very minor obstacles. This is a sturdy alternative that will serve you well for a good number of years.
5. PVC (POLYVINYL CHLORIDE) (POLYVINYL CHLORIDE)
For outdoor kitchen cabinets UK, The last material we’ll provide is PVC, which stands for polyvinyl chloride. It’s a substance that’s similar to plastic. It’s quite a bit like HDPE in a number of different aspects. However, it does not have the same level of durability as HDPE. In locations with distinct seasons, it is also able to swell and shrink. PVC is often applied as a decorative laminate on top of a substrate made of resin foam that is lightweight.
- PVC, much like HDPE, will not rust or corrode, and it is quite simple to clean. All that is required of you is to remove it with a power washer or a garden hose.
- PVC may also be manufactured with a variety of finishes that have the appearance of wood grain.
- Although they are both made of plastics. PVC, on the other hand, is a much less robust substance than HDPE. It is a long-lasting vinyl polymer.
- However, in comparison to HDPE, it is more likely to get discolored and warped when exposed to sunshine. Just as HDPE does, it requires an insulated jacket for your grills in order to function properly.
- Cabinets made of PVC laminate often have problems with delamination.
Wood is the choice that comes last on our list for outdoor kitchen cabinets UK. Even though it’s a fairly popular material, using wood cabinets in an outdoor kitchen comes with a number of significant negatives.
- Wood has the potential to produce an appealingly rustic appearance. It is available in a wide variety of hues, and in comparison to other options, it can be purchased at a price that is just slightly over average.
- Unfortunately, the negatives clearly exceed the positives by a significant margin.
Let’s talk about some of the issues that could arise when you use wood in your design.
- Wooden outdoor kitchen cabinets, however, do not fare well when exposed to the elements.
- You’ll end up with issues like cracking, warping, swelling, and maybe even rotting if you do this.
- It is also prone to damage from termites and may fade when exposed to the sun.
- Despite the fact that it is feasible to close it… This requires a lot of work and time. It’s possible that you’ll need to reseal it every few years… And despite this fact, the durability of the outdoor wood kitchen cabinets will not be much improved.
- On top of that, it’s a material that may easily catch fire.
- In an outdoor kitchen, you should never do anything like that!
Cost of Installing an Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet
You may spend less than £1,000 on the project if you’re planning to create an outdoor kitchen that includes a BBQ and a few units. However, you should budget at least £4,000 for a “REAL” outdoor kitchen with a few appliances, countertops, and storage space. Although a completely customized outdoor kitchen may cost over £50,000, you’ll probably discover that a superior finish doesn’t need nearly that much money. Typically, a very high-end custom kitchen costs between £15,000 and £25,000.
Installing a grill, barbeque, or oven, in addition to a surface that can be used for cutting and cooking food, is a bare minimum need for your outdoor kitchen. Aside from that, the opportunities are almost limitless. You could, for instance, choose to include a refrigerator, sink, worktops, kitchen units, shelves, or even a pizza oven into the design.
Frequently Asked Questions Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets
WHAT DO OUTDOOR KITCHEN CABINETS DO?
You won’t have to make many excursions back and forth to your indoor kitchen while you’re cooking outside since it will provide you with more room to keep all your dishes, utensils, and other needs.
ARE CABINETS THE SAME AS ISLANDS FOR OUTDOOR KITCHENS?
On your site, cabinets might be placed after being made or bought. Considering that outdoor cabinets must survive the environment, their materials are slightly different from those used inside. Among the choices are block, brick, and stucco. Polymer and tough stainless steel hold up nicely.
WHAT ARE THE CABINETS FOR THE OUTDOOR KITCHEN MADE OF?
There are several materials for outdoor kitchen cabinets. Stainless steel, marine-grade aluminum, masonry, PVC, and wood are the most often used materials.